Artisan Craft WorkshopsWorkshops and technical sessions:
New dates for the 3 day Charcuterie Workshop are November 6 - 8, 2017 at BioFoodTech, 101 Belvedere Avenue, Charlottetown, PE.
Join Mike McKenzie, owner of Seed to Sausage, who will share his award making Charcuterie techniques and knowledge at BioFoodTech’s 3-day Artisan Charcuterie workshop. The workshop will provide practical and technical knowledge involved in creating small-scale artisan cured products.
Please click here for more information and registration form.
- Cultured dairy: yogurt, butter, kefir, etc.
- Cured and Smoked meats: various meat products (e.g., fermented, dry-cured, smoked)
- Vinegar: apple cider, aged (faux balsamic), malt.
Updated Artisan workshops:
- Beverage Fermentation: in two sessions - 1) beer fermentation, and 2) fruit based fermentation (e.g., wine, beer, cider, mead, etc)
- Distillation: spirits, brandy, liqueurs and adjuncts (e.g., bitters)
- Introductory cheese making: basic introduction for cheeses that match the production industry in the region
- Food Fermentation: lacto-fermented and similar products, including kombucha.
- Pulse Ingredients for Product Development: highlighting benefits pulse flours and pulse based ingredients can provide to food formulations, including clean labels, enhanced nutrition, functionality, free of allergens, and lower costs.
Artisan Craft Distilling Workshop (5 days)
Bitters and Shrub Workshop (1 day)
Wild Fermentation - Pickles & Kombucha Workshop (1 day)
Advanced Cheesemaking (2 days)
Beverage Fermentation Workshop (2 days)
Distillation Workshop (3 days)
Charcuterie Workshop (2 days)
Please contact to Joy Shinn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-368-5146 if interested in further information on these, or other previous workshops.